The entrance hall is one of the most important rooms in an apartment or house, since it is by its design and arrangement that the first impression of the general interior of the room is created. One of the obligatory details of the hallway is a cabinet with shelves or drawers in which clothes or various things are folded. When decorating small rooms, a closet with a depth of 40 cm with swing doors is currently very popular.
Pros and cons of a cabinet with hinged doors and a depth of 40 cm
- Pros and cons of a cabinet with hinged doors and a depth of 40 cm
- Options for placing a cabinet with swing doors
- The choice of colors for the cabinet
- 40 cm deep cabinet options
- VIDEO: Large wardrobe with swing doors in the hallway.
- 50 photos of the design of cabinets with swing doors in the hallway:
The hinged design in the hallway allows you to replace the clothes hanger, can be used as a shelf for shoes, a chest of drawers and perform various other functions.
There is a wide variety of models and installation options for the cabinet, but they all have the following advantages:
- Multifunctionality. In a cabinet with hinged doors you can store a wide variety of things, from umbrellas, hats and other accessories, ending with household items and equipment.
- Relevance and stylish design. A wide range of products currently on the market will allow you to choose the best option for any interior. Best models with sliding doors and a depth of 40 cm look in a classic style.
- Space saving. A small cabinet is suitable even for a small room where it is necessary to use the space as rationally as possible. It does not take up much space and merges with the walls.
- The assembly of such a model is quite simple, does not require special knowledge and skills. Also, the products have a long service life, they are reliable and durable.
Interesting! A wardrobe with swing doors and a depth of 40 cm is quite spacious. The main thing is to correctly distribute the space inside, and you can comfortably arrange all the things that you consider necessary. A shallow depth allows you to see all the contents at once.
A shallow cabinet with hinged doors also has several drawbacks that make its use not always possible and comfortable:
- the model will not be able to accommodate large interior items (vacuum cleaner, folding table), so you have to free up space for them in another room;
- since chipboard is most often used as a material for manufacturing a structure in a hallway, it is not recommended to hang wet clothes in it;
- to open the doors you will need to free up space in front of the closet, which is not always convenient in small hallways.
To select the most optimal version of the product, you should first evaluate the space of the room and its dimensions. Also, when selecting, attention is paid to the configuration of the model, its color and material.
Options for placing a cabinet with swing doors
There are several options for placing the cabinet with a shallow depth and swing doors. Depending on the size of the hallway, the general interior of the room and personal preferences, you can choose the most suitable option.
In the corner of the room
The angular model is ideal for compact rooms in which every centimeter counts. Such a cabinet takes up little space, looks great and smooths corners. It is better to use this configuration for square rooms, as in rectangular rooms it can look ridiculous.
Small size direct models can have a wide variety of finishes and colors, so they are used more often than others. Such a cabinet is installed along one wall, it can be decorated with a mirror.
With this option, the product is combined with a chest of drawers, an additional mirror section, a section with open shelves or other furniture. The mirror will visually expand the space; any pattern can be applied to it. A chest of drawers with an additional hanger will make the model more functional, and open shelves can be used to place souvenirs and decorative elements.
Additional Information. Many equip wardrobes in the hallway with a depth of 40 cm with a mezzanine. It can have its own door or be a continuation of the product. It is best to place those things that are rarely used and stored until certain points.
The choice of colors for the cabinet
The choice of color for the cabinet is a crucial moment on which the appearance of the room depends. The furniture color suitable for the interior will create a harmonious composition that combines with the decoration of the walls, ceiling and floor. The closet in the hallway can be made in bright colors and pastel shades, or can act as an accent in the interior.
Interesting! The choice of color depends on the size of the room. Light shades will visually increase the space, so for small hallways it is recommended to use a combination of beige, peach, milk, light brown, white and other shades.
The use of color also depends on the overall style of the room. At the same time, a color scheme different from the whole apartment is allowed for the entrance hall. It is important that the general principles of interior design are maintained. The cabinet in the hallway in the style of minimalism should be bright and plain. Provence allows the insertion of different colors, and the loft implies natural wood shades.
A combination of a dark case and a light front side is possible, or shelves and internal drawers contrasting to the shade of the facades.
40 cm deep cabinet options
For cabinets installed in the hallways, it is necessary to think over special layouts for things that will save usable space and place the maximum number of clothes. For shoes, shelves made of wire and installed at a slight angle can be used. Hats and other hats are placed in the upper part of the cabinet, and the main space is reserved for clothes.
The most popular options for filling a shallow cabinet are:
- Drawers. Roomy storage option. Clothes can be placed in boxes in piles, and their shallow depth will allow you to immediately find the desired product. In the hallway, boxes are also used to store small things that can easily be lost: keys, travel documents, shoe brushes.
- Baskets. One of the most popular are white mesh baskets on roller guides. They can have large and small cells, various heights, be short or long. Such baskets can be assembled in separate racks, it is not recommended to store heavy things in them.
- Shelves. The classic version of storage. They can alternate with drawers or occupy the entire space of the cabinet. The things stacked on them are easy to find, when you open the doors, they immediately become visible. Their fasteners allow you to withstand a fairly large weight, and the absence of retractable mechanisms provide the longest possible service life.
Interesting! There are metal mesh baskets that are distinguished by reliable fastening, telescopic rails and are able to withstand heavy weight.
It is almost impossible to imagine a corridor without a cabinet, since it serves as a storage area. A small wardrobe does not take up much space, but allows the hallway to look neat and aesthetically pleasing. When choosing a model and internal content of a structure, one should take into account the size of the room and its style design.
VIDEO: Large wardrobe with swing doors in the hallway.