Beautiful curtains in the kitchen in the style of a modern classic will remain the most optimal option for interior decoration, even despite the fact that every year the fashion changes and trends rapidly replace each other. If desired, the classics can be designed taking into account the requirements of our time. To do this, there is a huge number of modern types of fabric, cornices and decorative elements. And then any interior will become rich, concise and at the same time cozy.
Curtains for a classic kitchen involve the use of several paintings of material that can be decorated with lambrequins. Curtains can be assembled on the sides through the use of special grips. Such accessories carry not only a decorative, but also a functional load.
The usual set of portieres to the classic kitchen may include a curtain made of fairly transparent material. Often, designers combine light transparent and fairly heavy materials. Various color variations are also used that resonate with the basic tones of the interior. Such a design will look solidly.
Standard option - the window is decorated with two curtains from two parts of the fabric. In the upper part, such a curtain is decorated with a lambrequin. On each side, the curtains are held by the use of grips. The composition is complemented by a traditional curtain made of transparent, light fabric.
The impression of thoughtfulness of design, style and quality factor is created thanks to combinations of heavy and light fabrics, as well as painstakingly and competently selected color variations that should overlap with the overall stylistic decision of the interior.
The main features of the classic style
- The main features of the classic style
- Types of classic cornices and mounts to them
- How to choose the color of classic curtains to the interior
- Features of the choice of fabric for classic curtains in the kitchen
- Classic kitchen curtains with balcony door
- Curtains for a small kitchen should increase the space
- Video: fresh window decoration ideas in a modern kitchen
- Photo: curtains in the interior of a classic kitchen
Modern classics are based on strict lines. Today, non-functional, uncomfortable and inorganic elements are not used in this style. This style can be called quite demanding.
There are several basic requirements for the design of curtains in this style:
- Natural colors only. Neon and bright shades are better suited for the design of other interiors.
- When choosing materials, it is best to pay attention to non-synthetic fabrics such as linen, silk, velvet or satin.
- If it is necessary to use blinds, it is best to opt for models with wooden or veneered lamellas.
- Limited use of complex textures.
- Observance of symmetry. Do not use torn edges, sharp transitions of levels and other features of a loft or hi-tech.
- The use of elegant and noble materials.
When selecting additions and accessories to classic curtains, it is very important to maintain a harmonious impression and at the same time create charming luxury and coziness. As pickups, strips or brushes made of fabric are perfect. But as decorative holders, you can use elements of plastic, wood or steel.
Types of classic cornices and mounts to them
The appearance of the curtains is influenced not only by the material and style of execution, but also by the variety of curtain rods. Indeed, often the curtains to the kitchen in the style of the classic have a rather heavy weight and therefore it is important that the curtain rod can withstand this weight.
Such types of cornices will cope well with such a load:
- Baguette. They will be able to hide the design itself and the bottom of the cornice under the bar.
- Tubular. Outwardly resemble a two-level bar with rings.
- Forged. Such cornices look pompous and expensive. Withstand even the most difficult types of tissue. It is better if a curtain is chosen to them easier.
- Profile. Made of profile aluminum.
- Wooden. Depending on the modification, there may be: ceiling, wall, tubular.
For the modern classic style, the option of attaching to the grommets is perfect. This option, when the rings are cut out in the canvas curtains. Ideal for placing curtains.
Classic curtains with ties - the option is original. And due to the use of various types of tying, the curtain can constantly look diverse. The color of the ties may differ from the tone of the curtains.
Like eyelets, fabric loops are strung on a cornice. Depending on the weight of the curtains, the width and size of the loop are determined. Hinges can be made in the form of braids, loops or simply sewn to the fabric.
Thanks to the high frill, the top of the eaves can be hidden behind the curtain. When moving, a rustling of fabrics is heard, and not a knock on the cornice of the rings for attaching the curtains.
Due to the presence of a large number of small folds, the curtains on the braid look simple and elegant. To design a lush drapery, it is best to use an amount of fabric that is twice the size of the window.
How to choose the color of classic curtains to the interior
Choosing the right color for curtains can change the impression of space, both for better and for worse. Color can visually expand the space, find a response in the elements of the interior, and also just change the perception of the room.
Deep, dark shades will always reduce space. Light shades will increase it.
Curtains for a classic kitchen will always look great if you make them white, cream, beige colors. The main color can be complemented with brown garters, bright fringe, tassels, piping.
If the goal is to focus on the window, you can use striped curtains, which can combine 2 or 3 colors.
Plain curtains perfectly complement the wallpaper with a picture and do not overload the interior. For plain wallpaper, you can use curtains with patterns or ornament.
Features of the choice of fabric for classic curtains in the kitchen
Classic curtains will always be made of noble fabrics.
- Silk. It drapes and stretches perfectly, does not let in sunlight, it shimmers beautifully in daylight.
- Taffeta. Draped in wide folds, has a density, repels moisture.
- Atlas. Durable silk material, does not accumulate static, dries quickly.
- Brocade. Heavy fabric based on silk. Tough, hard wrinkling.
- Velvet. Thick fabric with fine silk fiber nap. It does not attract dust, drapes well, keeps heat and at the same time perfectly passes air.
- Jacquard. Thick fabric in patterns. It retains color well, does not wear out, does not stretch.
Classic kitchen curtains with balcony door
Finished classic curtains for the kitchen with a balcony door can be difficult to find due to the non-standard sizes. Accordingly, before you go to the studio, it is best to carefully study all the options for kitchen design 2019, as well as the options for curtains in a classic style.
Experts note that the light flux in kitchens with a balcony is much lower than in rooms with windows. Therefore, it is best to choose curtains in light shades and with a sufficient level of transparency.
If the kitchen has only one window with a balcony, it is better that the curtain be single and do not break the opening into the door zone and the window sill zone. If you do the opposite, the interior will lose harmony, and the clearance will decrease visually. In order to design a window in a single style, it is better to use the same materials and colors, overlapping trim in the form of fringe, fringing, frill, and pickups. A wide curtain rod and lambrequin will look good.
Since the kitchen is a place where grease and dust often accumulate, it is best to use soft and drapable curtain materials. Rigid materials for tensile structures will need to be cleaned dry.
Curtains for a small kitchen should increase the space
The kitchen window can be harmoniously decorated with curtains made of linen, cotton, tulle or lace. Designers and interior designers do not recommend using dark drapes to decorate a small kitchen. For a visual increase in space, you can stop the choice on curtains with a large print or vertical pattern. It is also important to correctly calculate the size of the cornice. The cornice should be slightly wider than the window.
Classic multilayer curtains are perfect for visually increasing the space of the kitchen and the window itself.
The classic style provides an excellent opportunity to show imagination when using several materials and colors. Combinations of cotton and silk or cotton and satin will look great.
For the classic style, tulle, lambrequins and side canvases can be an excellent solution. Near the dining area you can use the long floor curtains and tulle.
Video: fresh window decoration ideas in a modern kitchen