The bulk floor in the bathroom is easy to install: it is necessary to mix several components and cover the floor surface with the mixture. The result is a smooth and durable coating that will be a great addition to the interior of any home.
Bulk floor in the bathroom: all the advantages of modern material
- Bulk floor in the bathroom: all the advantages of modern material
- What explains the popularity of bulk floors in bathrooms
- Technical characteristics of the bulk coating
- Pros and cons of bulk floors
- We make a unique bulk floor in the bathroom
- Application of the 3D method when installing flooring
- How to choose the color of bulk floors
- Decorate bulk flooring
- The choice of bulk coating for the bathroom
- Types of bulk floors according to production materials
- Video on how to make bulk floors with a picture
- Photo: beautiful bulk floors in bathrooms
The basic requirement for flooring is durability and reliability. Popular materials (linoleum, laminate) tend to wear out, which cannot be said about the bulk coating. A huge plus: the lack of joints. The surface of the floor is perfectly flat, it is simple and easy to care for, the terrain allows for quick cleaning and almost no accumulation of dirt. It is important that you can not slip on the bulk floor - it is practical and safe.
If there is always high humidity in the bathroom, it is recommended to use a rough cement bulk floor - it costs more, but its performance is better.
What explains the popularity of bulk floors in bathrooms
Increasingly, to equip the toilet, a bulk floor is used. This is a universal coating that is perfect for the bathroom due to the following characteristics:
- water tightness;
- resistance to scratches, mechanical damage, wear;
- heat and sound insulation;
- ease of operation, ease of care.
The bulk floor in the toilet and the bathroom provides high resistance to hot water, a change in temperature, exposure to sharp objects. A significant advantage is the absence of toxic components in the composition, the unpleasant smell of chemicals. Minus: high price. However, now there are budget materials that you can buy profitably.
Technical characteristics of the bulk coating
Technical indicators are completely dependent on the type and quality of the working composition. The better the quality score, the easier the mixture will be applied and the more uniform the layer. Pay attention to the humidity and temperature conditions in the room - if the mode is not properly maintained, solidification can occur from 24 hours to 2 weeks.
Such floors are considered very warm, much warmer than tiles or ceramics. In addition, they are superior in softness to linoleum. The hardened material withstands large temperature differences - almost 90 degrees.When heated, no toxic substances and harmful components are released, no smoldering or ignition occurs.
Coating is much more profitable than concrete screed - there is no dust at the finish. Using a film with images, you can decorate the floor, make it individual.
Pros and cons of bulk floors
Jellied liquid floor has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantages include:
- good indicators of resistance to mechanical damage and wear;
- no risk of fire;
- easy cleaning;
- You can “pour” the floor onto absolutely any surface - tile, tile;
- ease of self-installation;
- scratch resistance, the ability to polish;
- universality - the coating is suitable for any room;
- no reactions with chemicals;
- the material is not toxic;
- fungus and mold does not appear on such a coating, moisture dries quickly.
In addition, the bathroom, designed in this way, looks very aesthetically pleasing. Consider the disadvantages:
- the preparatory process for installing the floor is time-consuming: the surface is cleaned, smoothed, protection against moisture is laid down;
- high installation cost;
- if there is no experience, it is quite difficult to fill the floor with your own forces;
- dismantling takes a lot of time and is not an easy process.
We make a unique bulk floor in the bathroom
3 d coating is considered truly unique. You can use many unusual patterns, ornaments, even use your own prints.
When installing the bulk floor, you can use many techniques:
- transparent top layer, bottom - image;
- gloss effect, with an internal shine, the color of which can be chosen any;
- fashionable flock coating (the second name is “acrylic chips”) - an unusual imitation of natural stone.
Application of the 3D method when installing flooring
3D design differs from the others in one small moment: there is an intermediate moment in its installation - a photo sticker. This method brings a touch of creativity and personality to the interior. The top layer of the bulk floor is covered with a transparent resin, which makes the strength indicators less.
How to choose the color of bulk floors
Designers recommend giving preference to blue, light blue and purple - they do not have stains from dried water. If the finish of the entire bathroom is neutral, do not focus on too bright flooring - let the floor be in tone with the walls.
Decorate bulk flooring
Images for the bulk floor can be different, which allows designers to take a walk around. For example, a film with a mosaic, pattern or ornament in ethnic style, geometry is often used, for the bathroom it is simply the perfect solution - the seashore or the underwater world, pebbles and shells. The transparent top layer of epoxy “enlivens” the coating, giving it aesthetics.
The choice of bulk coating for the bathroom
Covering the surface of the floor with a liquid composition is a good solution for the bathroom. You can realize your most interesting ideas and ideas. Polyurethane floors are characterized by good strength and resistance to abrasion. Material such as methyl methacrylate should be used with care, observing safety rules. However, they instantly dry out and do not respond to sudden changes in temperature conditions.
All formulations can be divided into polymer and mineral. The first is the topcoat, which is the best option for bulk floors in the bathroom. Minerals are developed using cement mixes, fillers, and modifiers. The latter set the speed of falling asleep mixture. Such compositions are also called self-leveling.
As the final coating, epoxy resin or polyurethane can be used: both the first and second options have good properties. The material varies in thickness: it is thin and well filled. The latter type is used for decoration of rooms with high traffic. For the bathroom, you can use thin-layer floors - they will perfectly cope with their functions, and will delight you with an aesthetic appearance for a long time.
Types of bulk floors according to production materials
There are such varieties of material:
- polymer-cement - a dry mixture with the addition of components - polymers;
- epoxide - a resistant coating for rooms and buildings where chemical compounds and active substances are used in the work: alkalis, acids;
- epoxy urethane;
- polyurethane - the best option for the floor in the bathroom, is resistant to moisture and elasticity.
Today it becomes popular to make three-dimensional polyurethane floors - several layers of material are superimposed simultaneously. This is an excellent solution for installing a water-insulated floor for any room in the house.
Video on how to make bulk floors with a picture