PVC panels for the bathroom will definitely become the best alternative to a dull tile or pretty boring paint. The choice of this type of finish can be called a rational option, which will help save owners from construction waste, additional costs. In addition, plastic panels for the bathroom will significantly reduce the time of repair work. Despite the affordable cost, this material does not look too cheap and simple. Plastic panels for the bathroom make a positive impression and are perfect for any style - from minimalism to classic interior design.
Bathroom Design with PVC Wall Panels
- Bathroom Design with PVC Wall Panels
- Why you should choose PVC panels for the bathroom
- The disadvantages and advantages of plastic panels
- What styles are plastic finishes suitable for?
- A wide variety of colors and textures
- How to choose plastic panels in the bathroom
- Panel Views
- Video: subtleties of finishing the bathroom with plastic panels
- Photo: PVC panels in the bathroom interior
Plastic panels for the bathroom are polymer finishing materials, since polyvinyl chloride is used in the manufacturing process. A pattern is applied to the outer surface of the material through the use of various types of printing. After that, a layer of varnish is matte or glossy. This greatly increases the attractiveness of this material and makes the range more diverse.
If you follow the rules of the repair work, decorating with PVC panels for the bathroom will not be difficult. This material is so versatile, and modern manufacturers offer such a huge variety of textures and colors that it will be very simple to choose and create any beautiful design.
Since this room is often hidden from prying eyes, the color scheme, pattern and relief can be chosen solely at your discretion. For example, bright and dark colors, which will look bad in other rooms, can perfectly suit the bathroom.
You can make most of the walls in neutral colors and highlight one, making a bright accent on it. You can use various options for textures.
And if the owner of the house wants to change the design of the bathroom or just change the atmosphere, then it will be very easy to do. It will be enough just to replace some panels. Modern style involves the use of pure and neutral colors. But the traditional palette includes all neutral shades to the tones of precious stones.
Why you should choose PVC panels for the bathroom
The bathroom can be safely called one of the most problematic places in the apartment. This room has a constantly increased humidity level and a changing temperature level. For this reason, the type of coverage for this room is best chosen with all responsibility. Ceramic tiles have long been considered the best option for decorating the bathroom. But the combination of excellent strength and reliability, with high cost and laboriousness of repair work made this material not the best choice from the point of view of rationality.Especially when it comes to a limited budget. For this reason, PVC panels for the bathroom are often the best choice.
This material has several advantages:
- resistance to moisture and temperature extremes;
- ease of installation;
- reasonable cost;
- a wide variety of colors and textures.
Not all PVC panels are of excellent quality. And therefore, when choosing a material, it is better to pay attention to the number of stiffeners. It is the stiffening ribs that guarantee the safety and durability, as well as the safety of the material during use and during mechanical stress.
The disadvantages and advantages of plastic panels
Plastic panels are an affordable and modern material, with which you can qualitatively and stylishly equip a bathroom. The material has the following advantages:
- as a facing material, plastic melts only at a temperature of 400 degrees;
- environmentally friendly and safe;
- can last a long period without visible damage;
- the structure of the plastic will not suffer even with prolonged exposure to moisture;
- easy to care and cleaning;
- there are no conditions for the propagation of fungi and bacteria;
- no need to use special tools for trimming;
- the market offers a wide range of colors and textures;
- simplicity and speed of repair work when necessary;
- affordable cost.
However, this type of finish also has a number of disadvantages:
- necessary to carry out the installation correctly, if the work was performed with errors, during operation the material may diverge;
- even with a slight mechanical impact, traces may remain on the surface;
- toxic gas emission during fire;
- can play tiles by external characteristics;
- when using such panels, it is necessary to provide good ventilation to avoid the appearance of fungus and mold.
What styles are plastic finishes suitable for?
The classic design of the room is a marine style. This solution perfectly reflects the purpose of the entire room. And the color palette can be made in blue and white.
This type of finish is perfect for art deco or provence styles. Such styles suggest the presence of stucco or waterproof wallpaper in the interior. The panels will perfectly replace them, they will go well with tile or stone.
Finishing with plastic panels is best suited for modern or minimalist styles. Modern manufacturing companies offer a huge assortment of products of various designs. They can imitate stone, wood or ornament. Plastic plastic can be an excellent solution not only for the bathroom, but also for the shower room and toilet. Therefore, do not be afraid that such panels will not be able to help with the implementation of a wide variety of design options. They can be safely used for a variety of creative design ideas.
A wide variety of colors and textures
Panels can have such decorative coatings:
- Solid colors. Plastic gets shades thanks to the mineral pigment, which is added to the polymer raw material during the production process. For this reason, the coloring of the material does not fade even under the influence of sunlight.
- With drawing.The surface of the plastic may be coated with a specific ornament or image.
- Textured. The material imitates natural marble, granite and other minerals. In the manufacturing process, a special imitation film is applied to the material, protected by a polymer layer.
- Under the tile. The most popular variety. It can create imitation tiles with frieze. This solution makes it possible to quickly surface and without using ceramic tiles.
The room looks stylish and modern, which is decorated with panels with different patterns, which are combined in a certain sequence. For example, a panel with drawings is made around a mirror or shower. And the rest is done in one color.
You can use the solution when panels of different types alternate in stripes. This creates a rather interesting game of surfaces. This solution is perfect for small rooms with low ceilings. The walls of the room visually stretch upward, and it seems that the proportions of the room are more harmonious.
Panels can be perfectly combined with other materials for decoration. For example, the lower part of the walls and the plastered upper part decorated with vinyl panels look great.
You can pay attention to vinyl models or models with 3D drawings. Volumetric options visually expand the space. But it is better to use them in spacious rooms. Since the volume of 3D and the effect of it is best perceived from a great distance.
How to choose plastic panels in the bathroom
First of all, pay attention to the cost of the material. Durable and high-quality products can not be too cheap. Materials should be even. They should not have waves and bends. Edges must be intact and intact. Otherwise, it is impossible to create a perfect joint and water can leak into the panel.
Products that have good strength characteristics have a thickness of 1 cm or more. In addition, they have a maximum number of stiffeners. In order to finish the bathroom pleasantly pleased, it is important to evaluate the design of the material as well. All profiles must be from the same batch. Otherwise, some of the items may vary in color or texture.
For the design of small rooms, it is best to opt for light panels without structure and relief. In this case, matte varieties may be preferable to glossy. The thickness of the material should not exceed 8 mm. Too thin panels, subject to lighting with spotlights, can transmit light rays. In this case, the illuminated console of the ceiling can become almost transparent.
Plastic panels have a rectangular shape and a height of 2.7-3 meters. The outer side can imitate a variety of surfaces - fabric, wood, plaster. Photo printing can be applied to the surface of panels. The reverse side of the product has a relief surface and due to this it is well attached to the wall.
Finishing can be done in three ways:
- Mounting to the crate. The panels are fixed to the frame made of wood or metal using a stapler or conventional nails. A great option in order to hide the irregularities of the walls and water pipes, which can be sewn into a separate box.At the same time, the design of the room, in which communications are not visible, wins significantly.
- Mounting by means of mounting clamps. The panels are fastened to the crate with special locks. This method makes it possible to significantly speed up the installation. It is also quite simple to disassemble the structure if necessary. The use of such a frame is justified if the room is large. And a few extra centimeters that are hidden by trims will be completely justified.
- Glue method. Using liquid nails, the panels are mounted directly to the wall. On the lower and upper edge there is an additional fixation with dowels. For fixing, you can also use other types of adhesive solutions. But be sure to look in the instructions how suitable they are. This method can be called energy-consuming and justified when it comes to designing a small room with your own hands.
The panels are produced in a fairly large assortment of foreign and domestic manufacturers. Products can be different in color, structure, texture, type of material.
The shape of the panels can be of the following types:
- Lining. It is a rectangular board 3x10 cm. Most often, this variety is equipped with a European castle connection with a wide clearance. Thus, all the seams between the lamellas are clearly visible, but they are leakproof. The traditional colors are color or white.
- Plates. Large sheets, the sides of which are equal to 0.8 - 4 cm. Sheet material is used in large rooms, for walls and ceilings.
- Panels. The most popular type of material that is used to decorate bathrooms and bathrooms. The length of the lamellas is usually 2.6 - 3 m. In width there are 15, 25, 50 cm. The main advantage of this particular type can be called completely invisible joints. But this advantage only works if the installation technology is strictly adhered to.
- Wall. They have an increased thickness, as well as the ability to withstand even very large mechanical loads.
- Ceiling. They have a thinner, lighter surface, which will make it possible to quickly attach to the crate.
Video: subtleties of finishing the bathroom with plastic panels